Engineering Manager for iptiQ EMEA P&C
About iptiQ EMEA P&C
iptiQ EMEA Property & Casualty is a newly built unit within Swiss Re Life Capital, established to deliver digital-native and creative solutions for Property & Casualty (P&C) clients and partners across Europe that engage with consumers in non-traditional ways.
About the role
As an Engineering Manager within Product Engineering, you will have an unusual and great opportunity to join us: a diverse and motivated team, committed to delivering value and creative services together with our clients and partners in the primary insurance space.
You will work in a multi-functional environment to recruit and lead product engineering teams capable to fulfill our business and product vision and ultimately bring value to our customers and partners by disrupting the traditional insurance proposition.
This will include:
- Build and shape highly capable and empowered engineering teams responsible for designing and implementing high-revenue products across our technology platform with a quick iterative approach and focusing on ability to scale features and business processes
- Promote engineering excellence and leadership across the board, focusing on effective cross-function collaboration and end-to-end responsibility, from rapid prototyping to delivery, ensuring simplicity, maintainability and scalability of the implementations
- Support the implementation of department-wide processes and best practices to ensure effective collaboration between engineering teams and a restless focus on effectiveness and rapid decision making enabled by technical alignment and data-driven approach
- Provide constant guidance, operational management and leadership to support engineering teams on a track of continuous improvement and growth
About the team
We put the consumers’ needs at the center of what we do, aim to become a digital champion and believe in data based learning. We use the Swiss Re network to access state of the art technologies and capabilities, combine it with local expertise and an innovative mind-set, constantly questioning current ways of offering insurance. Our aim is to drive the digitalization of the P&C insurance business in Europe, combining insurance know-how and e-commerce competencies, as well as the dynamic spirit of a start-up with the backing of Swiss Re.
Do you enjoy thinking ahead and identifying new opportunities or anticipate future challenges? Do you like driving complex, cross-functional projects in an agile way? Do you enjoy pushing borders and have a passion for the latest technologies?
- 6 years of engineering management experience in building, leading and motivating engineering teams responsible for delivering and running high quality, customer-facing products. Track record of hands-on technical leadership is a requirement
- 4 years of hands-on development experience in building customer-facing, high-traffic platforms in any modern language (Java, Kotlin, Scala, C , C#, Go, Python …)
- Solid experience with applying domain driven design to modular service-oriented and API-first architectures and best practices around designing, scaling and monitoring concurrent systems (using different technologies and preferably RESTful APIs, message passing protocols and possibly asynchronous solutions).
- You understand the implications of maintaining a platform up-and-running by fostering engineering best practices like readability, testability and continuous refactoring of the codebase. You adopt a data-driven approaches to drive the improvement in performance, scalability and efficiency of the solutions delivered
- Experience with cloud computing platforms and Amazon AWS in particular is preferred.
- Continuous learner who stays up-to-date with the latest trends and can vet with proper pragmatism and long term vision the adoption of new technologies
- Master’s or PhD degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent working experience
- Ability to speak and write English fluently
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
For all positions based in Switzerland, Resourcing People works with their licensed Swiss partner Accurity GmbH to ensure that candidate applications are handled in accordance with Swiss law. Please submit applications and direct any enquires directly to Resourcing People [email protected]