LinkedIn releases new report showcasing how gender impacts the candidate journey

Today, LinkedIn released a fresh Gender Insights Report to shed light on the way men and women participate with tasks differently in the LinkedIn platform.

In recent years, sex diversity has become a popular topic for companies; however, progress toward a more diverse workforce has been slow across industries. In assessing interactions between candidates and companies, from involvement to business hires with jobs and applications, we are providing actionable insights that may help businesses looking to make a more inclusive and gender-balanced talent pipeline.

Here is what we discovered:

  • Girls tend to be more discerning about the tasks they use to than men – Although both genders browse tasks similarly, they apply differently, with women 14% less likely to apply for a job after viewing it compared to men.

  • Men are more inclined to request a referral – Guys show a 68% likelihood to”Ask for a Referral” before applying for a job, in comparison to women’s 32%.

  • When girls do apply, they’re more inclined to get hired Despite using more conservatively, women are 16percent more likely than males to get hired into the tasks they apply . It is reasonable that they’d get a higher success rate — however that high rate could indicate that women feel discouraged by showing interest in riskier stretch chances if women only apply when they feel exceptionally qualified.

  • How recruiters reach out matters – Once a recruiter views a woman’s profile, they’re almost just as likely to achieve out through InMail, when compared with men (only a 3% difference); the battle, however, is that when women look in Recruiter lookup results, they’re 13% less inclined to be viewed by recruiters than men.

  • Rewards things for girls – It’s also important to provide salary info in a job description, as 68% of women state salary range and benefits is the most important part of a work description. This could be an encouraging signal for women that the organization is dedicated to pay.

For businesses, understanding your present gender-focused outreach methods on LinkedIn may be a major factor to developing a data-driven sourcing plan to boost the number of girls in your pipeline. Whether that lead to changing the language in your project descriptions or strengthening your organization brand, we hope when it comes to gender balance in the workforce these insights lead to meaningful progress.

Watch the full report .

 

Methodology

qualitative data: Behavioral insights for this report were created in the billions of data points created by greater than 610 million associates in over 200 countries on LinkedIn now. All information reflects aggregated LinkedIn member activity throughout the full year 2018, unless otherwise stated.

We have inferred the sex of members contained in this analysis by minding their first names as either female or male, or from pronouns used on their LinkedIn profile. Participants whose gender couldn’t be identified as \male or female were excluded from this investigation. This study only includes members situated in nations where we can infer sex for at least 67% of their member base.

study data:¬†Research information in this report comes from two surveys. Back in April 2017, 6,536 LinkedIn members across 20 countries have been asked about their expertise at work and to project in the future. Back in April 2018, 376 people from LinkedIn’s Insight Community panel had been revealed job descriptions, asked to highlight most important places, and asked that sections were most important for them.