Axpo Iberia – Madrid
We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic SQL Developer looking to further advance his/her skills and career in a great working environment. If you are a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology a passion to deliver high performance solutions, we have the perfect job for you!
We are seeking a strong, versatile person to deliver high performing access to data to our in-house and external clients
Working as a SQL Developer at Axpo:
- Axpo Solutions follows a startup-like approach with dynamic and agile developments
- Access to data is a cornerstone for the companies’ success.
- Users and managers understand there is high value in high performing databases.
- Data is always a hot topic for the business and is always keen to explore new technologies
- Opportunity to also be part of software development projects
- Gain a lot of exposure to business knowledge by working closely with many different teams within the company
- We encourage and sponsor training courses to learn new technologies
- We organize developer days and attend hackatons/datatons (if interested)
- Development and optimization of complex databases
- Maintain deployment processes for databases
- Provide help with query optimization to users
- Be part of an effective, highly motivated and agile development team
- Work with leadership, business and engineering stakeholders to build out best in class products
- Work closely with colleagues in Spain and across Europe to meet agreed targets and deliverables.
- Constantly keep yourself fit with regards to latest technology and other work related know-how. Willingness to participate in trainings and education at our headquarters in Switzerland.
Profile (must have):
- Degree in computer science
- Proven working experience of min 2-5 years
- In-depth experience with T-SQL query language and Microsoft SQL Server
- Data modelling and database design experience
- .NET coding skills (preferably C#)
A Big Plus:
- Experience on SQL Server 2016
- Exposure to MongoDB, Cassandra or other distributed databases is highly appreciated
- Good English skills, spoken and written
- Financial / Commodity industry experience is a big plus
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent personal organisation and ability to prioritise and carry out multiple tasks
- Able to influence and drive projects to meet key milestones and overcome challenges
- We offer a highly competitive compensation package
- Bonus scheme linked to performance
- Benefits: food tickets, free language courses, gym discounts, amazing location (in front of Santiago Bernabéu)